WHY A DRESS CODE/UNIFORM?
It’s important for students abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness, discipline and respect for the class, students, teacher, and the art of dance.
Proper attire in classes helps prevent injury and ensures students are adequately covered and ready and able to move.
Enables teachers to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
Ensures that each dancer has the same style and color of shoes and tights for on stage performances.
Helps remove student distraction with clothes
Help students resist peer pressure to buy stylish clothes for class.
Diminishes economic and social barriers between students.
Increases a sense of belonging and school pride.
GENERAL DRESS CODE/POLICY
FOR ALL CLASSES/REHEARSALS/WORKSHOPS/CAMPS
- Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all traditional styles of dance.
- Jewelry must not be loose or dangling in traditional styles of dance or fitness classes.
- Gum chewing is not allowed in any class due to danger of choking and appearance.
- No loose fitting pants, blue jeans or loose t-shirts in traditional style dance classes. See below for details
- No costumes are allowed in class unless a dress up day is announced by the individual teacher or is an in-class performance or rehearsal
- No Bare midriffs except for belly dance classes
- No bulky, heavy coats,sweaters in class. During winter months please wear a long sleeve leotard, dance shrug or form-fitting long sleeve shirt.
- No street shoes in any dance class. Only Non-marking athletic shoes Fitness classes
- See Below or your Student Handbook for the specific Dress Code for your particular class(es)
- FOR DRESS UNIFORM BY CLASS, CLICK HERE
STUDIO CASH CARDS
We know it's sometimes easy to forget your water, your tights, and other necessities. So, you can purchase a Studio Cash Card that we will keep on file for you on those days you just “forgot to bring...” , Cash cards can be purchased in any amount, just ask us at the front desk.
REMEMBER: NO Bare midriffs (except for belly dance classes), NO street shoes in any class. No heavy jackets or bulky sweaters in any traditional style dance class. During winter months, please wear a long sleeve leotard, dance shrug or form-fitting long sleeve shirt.
HOW TO ORDER?
Many of your dance dress needs, we carry right here at the school (other items such as leggings, socks, etc. you can find at your favorite, local department store). Items not in stock can be ordered and usually delivered here at the school in about 1 weeks time.
Give us a call or see us in the office to give us your child's sizes and we'll take care of the rest!